Players in masks and goals without celebrations. This is how football can look like in the future.
- Hits: 125
Local DER SPIEGEL presented two models for the Bundesliga, which would allow to finish the 2019/2020 season.
There has been a lot of talk about German football in recent days, which was also supported by DER SPIEGEL, who proposed to the league several measures that would make it possible to hold matches. Currently, the most frequently mentioned date is May 9, but the final decision does not remain with football officials, but with the political leaders of the country, where the final verdict is not expected before April 30.
1. Proposed measures for the first model
- comprehensive protection of football players, implementation teams, medical staff and others
- quarantine for all participants (eg placement of all participants in hotels by the end of the competition
2. Proposed measures for the second model
- the obligation to wear special masks for both players and referees. Designed special masks with a higher medical standard than is commonly used in public. Firmly attached, without slipping when sprinting and heading. When the mask slips to the ground, the referee is obliged to interrupt the match.
- for hygienic reasons, a change of masks is introduced every 15 minutes, so for some players up to 6 masks per match are considered
- Joint goal celebrations and discussions with referees are prohibited.
We will be surprised what measures will eventually go green and how the whole sporting event will ultimately be captured.