What Florentino Perez has said about Raphael Varane following Man United links
- Premier League
- Hits: 2
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has been speaking about Raphael Varane following reports the defender wishes to leave the club.
Varane’s Madrid future
Raphael Varane joined Real Madrid in 2011, departing French outfit Lens for a fee believed to be around £9m.
All told, the Frenchman has notched up 360 appearances across all competitions for Real, playing a pivotal role in their recent domestic and Champions League success.
However, Varane’s future in the Spanish capital now appears to be up in the air.
This comes with the stopper having just one year to run on his contract, and reports earlier this year having suggested that Los Blancos are not expecting their defensive star to renew his deal.
On the back of this news, Manchester United have been one of the sides most heavily with the 28-year-old.
A report earlier this week even suggested that Madrid are increasingly resigned to losing Varane and that the Frenchman’s representatives are understood to have informed the Madrid hierarchy that the player desires a fresh challenge.
That same report would claim that Manchester United are the club most likely to try to do a deal.
Florentino Perez speaks out on Varane
Now, amid the transfer speculation, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has been drawn on Raphael Varane’s transfer situation.
However, Perez would claim that they have not received any official bids for the United-linked star.
He goes on to say that they will see what happens once he returns from the Euros and if he wants to leave this summer, he will say:
“We’ve not received any official bid for Raphael Varane. He’s at the Euros now then we will see what happens – if he wants to leave the club this summer, he’ll say it.”
Florentino Perez: “We’ve not received any official bid for Raphael Varane. He’s at the Euros now then we will see what happens – if he wants to leave the club this summer, he’ll say it”. ⚪️ #RealMadrid #MUFC
Man United among clubs interested, he’s in the list but NO bid yet.
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 24, 2021